Go to https://axelglobe.com and log in using your AxelGlobe sign-in account information.
(a) Dashboard Tab – This is the default view once the user has logged in to their account. It shows Demo Areas if you don’t have any AOI (Area of Interest) subscription yet. Your subscription will also appear here.
(b) Downloads Tab - This contains a list of all the requested data downloads. For more functionalities of this tab, please refer to the 4. Data Download portion of the manual.
(c) Help Center – This is a collection of articles related to the AxelGlobe Platform and Axelspace services & satellite data imagery.
(d) Notification – The notification feature allows the user to receive alerts on captures, downloads, and announcements & promotions. Users may opt to subscribe or unsubscribe to these notifications by clicking on the settings icon on the upper right portion of the Notification Panel.
(e) Account Setting - This allows the user to view their account and organization settings. Click the profile setting icon located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen to access it.
(a) AOI Navigation - To start with data selection, navigate to the chosen Area of Interest (AOI in the dashboard and then click it. This should automatically navigate to the site to view the data.
(b) Timeline - The bottom panel shows the image availability as bar height per date, arranged chronologically from left to right. To view the data on a specific date, click on the corresponding date bar, which will change the thumbnail image preview on the map.
(c) Cloud Cover Filter – This tool allows the user to filter data based on the calculated cloud cover percentage. Use the slider to modify the cloud cover filter parameter. If the data tile is not within the filter requirement, the cell will be tagged accordingly as indicated by the red corner. Other color codes are: white if the cell is not yet selected, green if selected, and gray if data is not available.
(d) Nadir Limit Filter - This tool allows the user to filter data based on the nadir angle, the view angle from the satellite sensor to the target area. Use the slider to modify the nadir limit value. If the data tile is not within the filter requirement, the cell will be tagged accordingly as indicated by the red corner. Other color codes are: white if the cell is not yet selected and green if selected.
(e) Tile Selection
- To select individual cells for a specific date, just click to select a specific cell. The selected ones will then appear in the Selection panel on the right-hand portion of the screen. Additionally, the cell corner will turn green to indicate the selection. To deselect, just click the cell again. This would remove the clicked ones from the Selection Panel and would change the cell corner into white.
- To select multiple cells for a specific date, click the first cell from the top left, press Shift, and then click the last cell covering the extent of the chosen area. To deselect, just click the cell again. This would remove the clicked ones from the Selection Panel and would change the cell corner into white.
(f) Slider (Selection Panel) – This contains cell information such as Cell ID, Date Created, Cloud Rate, and Nadir Angle. To view this information, resize the panel by positioning your pointer over the edge of the panel and drag when the resizing cursor appears.
(a) Data Download Settings
- Once the image selection is done, click the Download GRUS Tiles button on the lower right portion of the screen.
- Users can select data product specifications they wish to download through this prompt. This includes the selection of True Color or Multispectral dataset and the type of bundle & product compression. Click Create Download once this is done. A confirmation prompt will appear once the data product selection is successful.
(b) Data Download Status - Under the Downloads tab, users can check the status of their data download: Preparing (if the data is getting ready for download) and Ready (if data preparation is completed and ready for download)
(c) Download Notification
- Users will receive a notification email once their data is ready for download.
- Alternatively, notification is also available on the AxelGlobe platform. The browser needs to be reloaded from time to time to keep the notification updated.
- Once the dataset is ready, users can download it by clicking the Download button.
Last updated: June 2021
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Hit the contact button below and send us your questions and feedback!Contact us